Fitbit Versa 4 vs Versa 3 - Fitness Tracker Showdown
In the ever-evolving world of fitness trackers, Fitbit is a name that consistently shines, giving fitness enthusiasts access to sophisticated technology on their wrists. The Fitbit Versa series, in particular, has cemented its place in this dynamic arena laying somewhere between the Fitness Tracker and the smartwatch, offering a perfect blend of style, functionality, and affordability. As we delve into the showdown between Fitbit Versa 3 and Fitbit Versa 4, our focus is not just on the quantitative specs sheet but also on the qualitative user experience these devices deliver.
Whether you are a loyal Fitbit fan looking to upgrade or a newcomer trying to make an informed choice, this side-by-side comparison aims to guide you through the unique features, similarities, and differences these two models offer. So, you can make the decision of whether an upgrade is worthwhile or not, let's get down to the nitty-gritty and witness how these two devices go head-to-head.
Built in GPS, Battery life and Google Assistant- A Detailed Comparison of Features
When it comes to choosing a fitness wristband that offers both functionality and style, the Fitbit Versa series is front of mind for many fitness tech lovers. However, is the Fitbit Versa 4 worth the upgrade to the Fitbit Versa 3? To help you make an informed decision, here's a comprehensive comparison of their features.
- Display and Design: Both models boast an impressive AMOLED display with an always-on functionality. While the Versa 3 is known for its sleek, square design with rounded edges, the Versa 4 takes it a notch higher with a slightly larger display and an optional stainless steel body.
- Battery Life: Fitbit Versa 3 offers an impressive battery longevity of up to 6 days. However, Fitbit Versa 4 leads this race with an extended battery life of up to 7 days, who knows this extra day may be a crucial factor for those long camping trips or when you simply forget to charge your device.
- Health and Wellness Features: Both models excel in offering comprehensive health monitoring features, including heart rate, sleep tracking, and stress tracking. The Versa 4, however, includes an added SpO2 sensor for tracking blood oxygen levels and an ECG app, giving it an edge over its predecessor.
- Fitness Tracking: Versa 3's built-in GPS, over 20 preloaded sports apps and exercise modes, and automatic exercise recognition make it a worthy contender. However, Versa 4 takes fitness tracking up a notch with more detailed workout insights and a stress management score.
- Voice Assistant and Payments: Both models feature an in-built microphone for voice commands and offer Fitbit Pay for seamless transactions. But only Fitbit Versa 4 supports both Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant, offering users greater flexibility.
- Price: Lastly, price is a deciding factor for many. While the Versa 3 currently at £144.99 here in the UK offers excellent value for its features, the Versa 4, with its premium features, understandably comes with a slightly higher price tag at £179.99 at the time of writing.
In conclusion, both Fitbit Versa 3 and Fitbit Versa 4 have their unique selling points. Your decision on whether to upgrade should hinge on what features you prioritize and how much you're willing to spend.
Reasons to Upgrade from the Fitbit Versa 3 to the Fitbit Versa 4
Are you thinking about upgrading your Fitbit Versa 3 to the new Fitbit Versa 4? While the Fitbit Versa 3 is an excellent piece of wearable technology, the Fitbit Versa 4 offers several compelling enhancements that might just sway your decision. Here are some reasons to consider making the switch:
- Slightly Enhanced Battery Life: First and foremost, the new Fitbit Versa 4 comes with an improved battery life. While the Versa 3 provides solid battery longevity, the Versa 4 takes it up a notch, enabling you to keep track of your health and fitness for a longer duration without worrying about frequent recharging.
- Better Display: Another noticeable upgrade in the Fitbit Versa 4 is the superior display which has reintroduced the physical button. The Versa 4 features a brighter, sharper AMOLED panel that makes for a more vibrant and clearer display. Whether you're checking your stats under the bright sun or in a dim room, the Versa 4 ensures optimal visibility.
- Advanced Health Tracking features: The Fitbit Versa 4 comes equipped with more sophisticated health metrics, providing a more comprehensive overview of your health. This includes SpO2 tracking, stress management score, heart rate variability a daily readiness score and more.
- Fast Charging: One of the most convenient features of the Fitbit Versa 4 is its fast charging capability. This means less time tethered to the charger and more time tracking your health and fitness goals. For further info on Fitbit Charging, check out this blog post.
- Built-in GPS: While the Fitbit Versa 3 does have a built-in GPS, the Versa 4's GPS is more accurate and responsive, offering a better experience, particularly for sport-specific outdoor workouts.
- Improved Sleep Tracking: The Versa 4 comes with improved sleep tracking features. It provides a detailed breakdown of your sleep stages and offers personalized insights for a better understanding of your sleep patterns.
- Smart Assistant Integration: The Fitbit Versa 4 allows for better integration with your preferred smart assistant, be it Alexa or Google Assistant, Google Maps and more third party apps along with third party app support, improving the overall user experience.
- 6 Months of Free Fitbit premium when you buy your new fitness tracker. The Fitbit premium feature is one of Fitbit's most controversial but this trial gives you a chance to test if the membership would be worth it for you or not.
While the Fitbit Versa 3 is a robust fitness tracker in its own right, the Fitbit Versa 4's added features upgraded operating system and enhancements make it a worthy upgrade. Consider your personal needs and preferences, and make the switch if these enhancements align with your fitness goals and whether they offer many advantages over your previous workout tracking.
Reasons why you would not upgrade from the Fitbit Versa 3 to the Fitbit Versa 4?
We all know that with every new release, tech companies like Fitbit entice us with tempting upgrades, boasting advanced features and improved functionalities. However, in the current economic climate, before making the leap from the Fitbit Versa 3 to the Fitbit Versa 4, consider the following points that may lead you to stick with your current device.
- Minimal differences: At first glance, it's quite challenging to spot the differences in smartwatch features between the two models. They both sport the same sleek design with the signature square watch face while boasting many of the same features. Both the Fitbit Versa 3 Straps and the Versa 4 bands appear and feel very similar. Unless you're yearning for minor tweaks, the design aspect might not be a compelling reason for an upgrade.
- Feature overlap: As we mentioned above, the Fitbit Versa 4 does introduce some new features into the mix, but the majority of those that you've grown to love on the Versa 3 are also present on the Versa 4. Both models offer comprehensive fitness and sleep tracking, built-in GPS, heart rate tracking, and more.
- Battery life: You might expect the Versa 4 to offer a much better battery lifespan, but surprisingly, the two models have similar battery life, with the Versa 4 winning by an extra day of battery lifespan.
- Price factor: As we touched on above, the Fitbit Versa 4 is slightly more expensive than its predecessor. If budget is a concern for you or if you don't see value in paying extra for features you may not need, sticking with the Versa 3 could be a better choice.
- Software updates: Fitbit is pretty good at rolling out software updates to older models, which means even if you stick with your Versa 3, you may still receive some new features that are introduced in Versa 4.
Remember, upgrading to the latest model is not always a necessity. It's about analysing what you genuinely need and making an informed decision that provides you with the best value. If the Fitbit Versa 3 is serving your needs well, sticking with it might be the best choice for you, simply refresh your watch band with Fitstraps and your fitness tracker will look brand new again.
A Detailed Price and Value Comparison Between the Fitbit Versa 3 and the Fitbit Versa 4
Let's take a closer look at the price and value offered by two popular models: the Fitbit Versa 3 and the Fitbit Versa 4.
Fitbit Versa 3
The Fitbit Versa 3, priced at around £144.99 here in the UK, is packed with a host of features that provide the user with real value to this day. With its built-in GPS, you can keep track of your outdoor workouts without needing to carry your phone. It also offers a readiness score based on heart rate variability, resting heart rate and sleep data, helping you make more informed decisions about your exercise and recovery. Moreover, it includes a six-day battery life, which is still great compared with many newer devices on the market.
Fitbit Versa 4
Moving on to the Fitbit Versa 4, it's a slightly pricier option at around £179.99. However, this higher cost is justified by a handful of more advanced features. This model comes with an EDA (Electrodermal Activity) sensor that measures stress levels, a feature absent in the Versa 3. It also offers a higher resolution display, providing a clearer and more vibrant viewing experience. Additionally, the Versa 4 has a seven-day battery life, giving it a slight edge over the Versa 3 in terms of power longevity.
Which One Offers Better Value?
The answer to this question largely depends on your specific needs. If you're on a tighter budget and basic fitness tracking suffices, the Fitbit Versa 3 would be a slightly more cost-effective choice. On the other hand, if you're willing to shell out a little more cash for a more comprehensive health and fitness tracking experience, the Fitbit Versa 4, despite its higher price, would be a worthy investment. Given the price difference currently being so small, if you don’t currently own either of these devices but are set on a Versa device, the Versa 4 would probably be the best option. However, if you already own the Versa 3 and are considering an upgrade it would be best to think carefully about the additional features and see if they would provide you with enough value to justify the upgrade.
The Fitbit Versa 3 Quick-Fire Review of the Device
So just in case you are still in doubt we have tried to provide a slightly more detailed description of all the features on each below, which should hopefully help.
The Fitbit Versa 3 is a versatile device that still provides great features up to this day. Here's a look at what it offers:
- Design and Display: The watch features a sleek, modern design that's easy on the eyes. It sports a bright and clear AMOLED touchscreen display, with customizable watch faces so you can switch up the look whenever you fancy.
- Health and Fitness Tracking: The Versa 3 can track your heart rate, sleep stages, and blood oxygen levels. It offers an integrated GPS for real-time pace and distance tracking during your runs or hikes. Plus, it boasts a range of exercise modes to suit your workout preference.
- Battery Life: This smartwatch comes with a long battery life for its age. A single charge can last for more than six days, depending on your usage.
- Smart Features: Fitbit Versa 3 isn't just a fitness tracker. It's also a smartwatch. You can receive calls, text, and app notifications, control your Spotify playlist, and even use Google Assistant or Alexa right from your wrist.
- Ease of Use: The device is user-friendly, with intuitive controls. You can navigate the watch using the touchscreen and the button on the side. Setting up the device and syncing it with your smartphone is also a breeze.
- Fitbit Premium: With the Versa 3, you also still get a free six-month trial of Fitbit Premium. This service gives you access to a wealth of personalized insights, guided workouts, and health coaching— everything you need to reach your fitness goals.
The Fitbit Versa 3 is still an impressive piece of technology. Whether you're a fitness enthusiast looking for a way to track your progress, or you're just starting out on your fitness journey, the Versa 3 may well be the perfect fit. While it's not without its flaws, its benefits far outweigh them.
The Fitbit Versa 4 Quick-Fire Review of the Device
Display & User Interface-
The vibrant AMOLED display is a definite standout feature. It's bright, easy to read even under direct sunlight, and offers crisp visuals. The user interface is intuitive and user-friendly, allowing for seamless navigation between various menus and features.
Health & Fitness Tracking
Fitbit Versa 4 excels in its primary function of health and fitness tracking. From steps, distance, and calories burned, to sleep stages and heart rate, it monitors a comprehensive range of daily activities. What's more, it even includes a SpO2 sensor for blood oxygen level monitoring - a feature not commonly found in fitness trackers at this price point.
Battery life is commendable, lasting up to 7 days depending on usage. This makes it a reliable companion for those long workout days or even for multi-day hiking trips.
Versa 4 doesn't skimp on smart features either. It offers notifications for calls, messages, and apps, music control, and contactless payments through Fitbit Pay. However, note that it doesn't support third-party apps, which could be a drawback for some.
Price & Value
Considering its extensive features, the Fitbit Versa 4 offers excellent value for its price. It's a smart investment for those serious about their health and fitness, and looking for a device that can provide detailed insights into their daily activities and wellness.
So there you have it, the choice between Fitbit Versa 3 and Fitbit Versa 4 boils down to your personal preferences and fitness needs, both offer smartwatch features on a lightweight and stylish-looking device. Fitbit Versa 4, with its enhanced features, exercise modes and advanced health tracking, is a compelling choice for those wanting the latest technology. On the other hand, Fitbit Versa 3 still holds strong with its reliable performance and affordable price tag. Ultimately, both devices deliver on Fitbit's promise of promoting fitness and well-being, making either a worthy addition to your lifestyle. Remember, the best fitness tracker for you is the one that meets your unique requirements and fits seamlessly into your fitness journey.